[OpenInfra Foundation] Initial setup of OpenStack's Community Metrics Dashboard with Bitergia

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Sep 22 12:34:59 UTC 2022

On 2022-09-22 06:45:03 -0500 (-0500), Georg Link wrote:
[...]
> There are 14 pipermail mailing lists at
> https://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo.
> Under what group/project(s) do you want those?
> Separate projects or all in one?
[...]

For the most part, the mailing lists aren't specific to any single
project or team.

Also be aware that URL only shows currently active lists: we
maintain a larger index which includes retired lists, but it's only
just come to my attention that we inadvertently blocked access to it
when reworking the web service configuration recently. Normally
there will be structured data at
https://lists.opendev.org/archives.yaml which includes all list
archives (currently active and previously used), but it won't be
available until https://review.opendev.org/858913 merges and
deploys, hopefully in the next day or so.

One other thing we should keep in mind... We're hoping to start
upgrading our Mailman listserv sites to version 3 in a couple of
months time, and that uses an entirely different archiver
(Hyperkitty). We'll be importing existing archives for active lists,
but probably not for any which have been retired. The plan is to
continue exposing copies of all the old Pipermail archives however,
in order to avoid breaking links people may have previously made to
historic messages at those old URLs. The lists.openstack.org site
will be one of the last ones we migrate to MM3, so this probably
won't impact OpenStack's dashboard until early 2023, but at that
point any newly arriving messages for its lists will only appear in
the Hyperkitty versions of the archives.
--
Jeremy Stanley