[OpenStack Foundation] OpenStack Mission & Goals

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Thu Jan 5 00:35:39 UTC 2012

On 01/04/2012 05:29 PM, michael hempel wrote:
> From the last mail-cycle my impression was that it wasn't even clear
> as who could join and on what premises.
> Didn't monitor the webpages though...
I think it was mostly a matter of people waiting for those types of
answers (what can we do? what is allowed? who is going to tell us what
is kosher?)... and sometimes, in these situations, it's best for the
people who are interested to forge ahead and start exploring/testing the
boundaries without asking someone to draw those lines for them. Asking
for forgiveness rather than begging for permission, etc. :)

And as Rick said, without any pressure from the community, the priority
level drops dramatically. If people really want it, noise gets
attention, generally.

-robyn