[OpenStack Foundation] OpenStack Mission & Goals

Joshua McKenty joshua at pistoncloud.com
Thu Jan 5 01:02:45 UTC 2012

Rick, in the last round of discussions with the other appointed members, we had agreed to give up appointed positions and run for election once the foundation was set up, but the plan for the next election was voted and approved at yesterday's PPB meeting, and only includes the 5 PTL seats and (I believe) 2 community positions. There's still a lot of open discussion regarding whether there are two separate boards or a single, unified board, and whether some baseline of participation / sponsorship / etc. is required to participate in each of those boards.

I would, again, suggest the same structure for participation that I championed for the FITS discussions - a maximum of two representatives from each commercial entity participating in these discussions, to keep the playing field relatively level. (Obviously anyone who's working on OpenStack as a volunteer, or involved as an end-user, would be encouraged to get involved as well).

--
Joshua McKenty, CEO
Piston Cloud Computing, Inc.

"Oh, Westley, we'll never survive!"
"Nonsense. You're only saying that because no one ever has."