[OpenStack Foundation] Nomination Process Updates

Ryan Lane rlane at wikimedia.org
Fri Aug 3 02:44:37 UTC 2012

> And exactly who is going to be the judge of what's 'good enough'?   Sorry but this is kind of silly to me.  People can lie, or at least bend the truth, and I certainly don't want to get into appointing someone to "verify" people's claims of commitment.  If we really want to verify someone's commitment to the project then base it on something measurable - like "only committers can vote" or "only core developers can vote".  Something tangible and not subjective.

That cuts out non-developer users who are already poorly represented.

People could enter fake data, yes, but we don't necessarily need to
force anyone into entering the data. We can use the data as a way of
spotting fraud, at minimum, and it also gives us a good idea about who
have in the community which is an awesome bonus.

- Ryan