[OpenStack Foundation] Nomination Process Updates

Doug Davis dug at us.ibm.com
Fri Aug 3 00:37:24 UTC 2012

And exactly who is going to be the judge of what's 'good enough'?   Sorry
but this is kind of silly to me.  People can lie, or at least bend the
truth, and I certainly don't want to get into appointing someone to
"verify" people's claims of commitment.  If we really want to verify
someone's commitment to the project then base it on something measurable -
like "only committers can vote" or "only core developers can vote".
Something tangible and not subjective.

thanks
-Doug
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM 444-6905  |  dug at us.ibm.com

Lauren Sell <lauren at openstack.org>
08/02/2012 07:34 PM

Matt Joyce <matt at nycresistor.com>
cc
"foundation at lists.openstack.org" <foundation at lists.openstack.org>
Subject
Re: [OpenStack Foundation] Nomination Process Updates

What questions should be required for the public profile?  The current
signup process asks for affiliation, statement of interest and which
projects you're working on.

A couple of ideas on what the additional questions could be -- (1) how
long have you been working on OpenStack or (2) what have you or do you
plan to contribute to the project.  We could also force more long form
answers afround the affiliation or statement of interest with a minimum
character requirement.  Again, just looking for ideas here.

The goal is to make sure everyone voting is really serious.