[OpenStack Foundation] Nomination Process Updates

Duncan McGreggor duncan at dreamhost.com
Fri Aug 3 02:46:37 UTC 2012

Yeah... this is why the Python Software Foundation has membership by a
process of nomination (and to a certain degree, championing that
nomination), and then members voting the nominees in. It sometimes tends
towards elitism, but for the most part, members are interested in a diverse
membership body.

Back to this discussion, though... I think the idea here is not that we're
putting in place something that's ironclad. Rather that we're just trying
to raise the bar to entry. Those who have more than a passing fancy, who
are more than nominally interested in being members of the Foundation, will
have an opportunity to demonstrate that by taking a little effort in their
application process.