[openstack-community] Status of Groups portal (was Re: Fwd: [Foundations] Meetup.com spam warning)

Sean Roberts seanroberts66 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 16:12:02 UTC 2014

Agreed that the value in meetup is the community around it. There are plenty of people that arrive at user group meetings that have never seen the OpenStack user group page. We are mining for future Openstack participation .

I thought the groups tool being built by Martin was going to integrate with meetup and other sources of user group sharing rather than replace. Replacing would shrink our community and would impact the momentum of attracting new people.

Can we discuss the group's portal implementation plan with the ambassadors to start and then the rest of the community? I am realizing that this is going to impact us in a big way and I don't know much about it.

~sean