[openstack-community] BoFs at Summit

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Fri Oct 31 14:19:36 UTC 2014

It's a session on packaging OpenStack for RHEL/Fedora/CentOS. The RDO
community (openstack.redhat.com) is sponsored by Red Hat, but is a
community effort, and is non-commercial. I would be interested to see
what morning slots are available for Wednesday, so that I can run them
by the community and see if they have conflicts. I know this is very
last minute, and appreciate anything we can work out.

- --Rich

On 10/31/2014 09:56 AM, Lauren Sell wrote:
> Hi Rich,
>
> Sorry, could you please remind me of your topic / interest group?
> As I mentioned, if it’s non-commercial, we have some space on
> Wednesday in smaller rooms to accommodate BoFs, but it would be
> during normal session hours.
>
> I definitely like the idea of lunch table signs like OSCON for
> future Summits, but we’re going to be pressed for eating space with
> a sold out crowd in Paris, and honestly need people to leave tables
> when they’re done eating :) We are also using two breakout rooms
> near the lunch service for overflow eating space, and we’ll be
> showing movies in those rooms.
>
> If you don’t want to host a session during the day Wednesday, then
> yes, I would suggest coordinating an informal meetup spot during
> lunch or at the end of the day. You could pick the Hyatt or
> Meridien hotel lobbies, a spot in the expo hall lounge area, a
> private sponsor private meeting room if they have an opening, or
> possibly an area in the dev lounge.
>
> If you’e like to move forward with a small session room on
> Wednesday, please let us know the topic and preference for morning
> or afternoon.
>
> Thanks, Lauren
>

>> On Oct 30, 2014, at 4:07 PM, Rich Bowen <rbowen at redhat.com>
>> wrote:

> Sorry to be a pain, but I was wondering if it's possible that one
> of the session rooms might be empty during the lunch break, and we
> could take our box lunches into there? Is that something that we
> should just figure out on-site?
>
> --Rich

- --
Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com