[openstack-community] Openstack user group in Singapore

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Wed Mar 27 17:21:14 UTC 2013

On Tue 26 Mar 2013 06:48:21 PM PDT, billy am wrote:
>                   Thank you so much for the clarification. I can then
> reasonably say that RackSpace owning openstack.sg
> <http://openstack.sg> and openstack.com.sg <http://openstack.com.sg>
> domains are for purely commercial/trademark reasons on their own and
> not relating to openstack.org <http://openstack.org> or
> community-at-large. Its fine by me.

This is something the OpenStack Foundation needs to investigate. These
domains (and openstack-sg.com) need to be owned by the foundation as
the trademark is owned by the Foundation, not by Rackspace.

>                    If nobody has done it then I have. I have initiated
> one on wiki and we'll see how it goes from there. I would like to say
> a big thank you to Atul and to Stefano for helping me and removing my
> doubts on sensitive matters. I am sure I would need more help in future :)

Absolutely, a pleasure. I've added Singapore to the map on
openstack.org/community, too. Please let me know the dates for the next
meetings of the user group so I can add them to the events page.

/stef