[Foundation Board] URGENT: OpenStack News!

Mark Collier mark at openstack.org
Tue Apr 25 18:28:17 UTC 2017

You have the news, we need it!

As you approach the Summit, please give us a preview of any OpenStack news you plan to announce.  We always respect embargoes & confidentiality.  Email news to allison at openstack.org

Examples:
Product Announcements
Customer wins / case studies
Partnerships
If you’re a user (TIM BELL) and have a fresh story, like expanding or upgrading your cloud or integrated with other open source projects etc
Data (e.g. if you do a survey)
We can do a LOT to amplify your news, which helps you and OpenStack as a whole. There’s so much positive momentum, but the press isn’t always picking it up.  Let us help.

I’d like to thank Boris for telling us about their product launch last week.  We did a lot:

Announce the news on the openstack.org <http://openstack.org/> home page — a first for us! We’re serious about supporting the ecosystem. Within hours, it generated 8,700+ pageviews and 200 clicks back to the Mirantis press release
Tweeted it to our 136,000 @openstack followers on Twitter
Produced a podcast interview for Superuser (to be published soon)

Action:  Email Allison at openstack.org with your news or updates.

Examples: