[openstack-community] Testing Ask OpenStack on new server (was Re: [services] Today's skipped meeting, moving the conversation forward)

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Mon Mar 16 17:57:33 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-03-16 at 17:17 +0000, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> Good question. Presumably just edit your local /etc/hosts file to
> make ask.openstack.org resolve as 104.239.140.123 (or
> 2001:4800:7819:104:be76:4eff:fe05:b1be if you want to test drive
> IPv6 for it) and see what's working.

Thanks Jeremy. This means we're very close to completing this task.

I have modified my etc/hosts and the site seems to be working just fine:
I can successfully search, edit questions, see the list of people ... I
don't see any issue.

I didn't even get any complaints from the SSL certificates :) Smooth as
oil, as Italians say.

Marton, Evgeny: are there any specific things we should be looking for
specifically to make sure that the new server works?

> The snapshot I imported is
> current as of three days ago, but we'll wipe it and do one more
> import during a scheduled outage once everyone's satisfied it's
> working as intended.

How long should we plan for the outage to be? 2-3 hours or less?

Thanks,
stef