[openstack-community] Testing Ask OpenStack on new server (was Re: [services] Today's skipped meeting, moving the conversation forward)

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Mar 16 18:13:20 UTC 2015

On 2015-03-16 10:57:33 -0700 (-0700), Stefano Maffulli wrote:
[...]
> I didn't even get any complaints from the SSL certificates :)
> Smooth as oil, as Italians say.
[...]

You might want to do something to double-check that you're actually
interacting with the new server rather than the old one (for
example make some edits, then switch back to the old server and
confirm you don't see them there). But correct, you shouldn't see
complaints about the SSL certificate--the same one is installed on
both old and new servers and your browser validates it based on the
hostname you've entered, not based on any particular IP address.

> How long should we plan for the outage to be? 2-3 hours or less?

Having run through it once myself already, it should be doable in
under 30 minutes (most of that time is spent waiting for the
database dump, file transfer, import and search reindexing).
--
Jeremy Stanley