[openstack-community] [services] Today's skipped meeting, moving the conversation forward

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Mar 16 17:17:14 UTC 2015

On 2015-03-16 10:08:21 -0700 (-0700), Stefano Maffulli wrote:
[...]
> reed to check back with fungi in a couple of days, re
> https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2000158, Askbot
> infratization (DONE, wasn't needed)

Thanks--I missed that story, so I've updated assignments and
completion status for the tasks there.

> The most pressing issue is https://review.openstack.org/#/c/160693,
> which seems to have made a lot of progress already. What steps do we
> need to follow to test if the new Askbot machine is working correctly?

Good question. Presumably just edit your local /etc/hosts file to
make ask.openstack.org resolve as 104.239.140.123 (or
2001:4800:7819:104:be76:4eff:fe05:b1be if you want to test drive
IPv6 for it) and see what's working. The snapshot I imported is
current as of three days ago, but we'll wipe it and do one more
import during a scheduled outage once everyone's satisfied it's
working as intended.

> I renamed the meeting into Community Software Services so it
> doesn't clash with the other project called OpenStack
> Infrastructure

Thanks! That should work great.
--
Jeremy Stanley