[openstack-community] Let's Help OpenStackers in Emerging Countries

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Fri Jun 14 18:07:06 UTC 2013

Rafael Knuth <rafael.knuth at gmail.com> wrote:

>I absolutely agree with you Sean. We should use
>irc:openstack-community for the accompanying text-only transcript and
>a general OpenStack community YouTube channel as a Hangout target
>would be awsome.

I'm happy to see this experiment run in real life, I'd love my gut feeling to be wrong. My main concern is that it would create a separation between first class citizens that have the full speed experience and second/third class ones that will have to use a worse system. Do I understand correctly that you want to use a live transcription service like a close caption system to transcribe live on irc what is being told on hangout? I'm assuming you would use Hangout as a broadcast system, muting all participants and let only the presenter talk, right?

> It's good to have all content from online sessions in
>one place.

We can use the foundation's YouTube channel.

> I will do some research over the next few days: Who would
>be able to provide that transcription service as I described it?

I don't know any, sorry.