[OpenStack Marketing] Bulletin: NFV content launches today; content preview; meeting recap

Heidi Joy Tretheway heidijoy at openstack.org
Wed Jan 20 16:19:12 UTC 2016

OpenStack Marketing Bulletin
January 20, 2015

We’re almost three weeks into the new year and already off to a great start. Today, we’re delivering a tremendous collaboration from the OpenStack community—the OpenStack Foundation Report: Accelerating NFV Delivery with OpenStack.

Download the 24-page report <http://www.openstack.org/nfv> to learn how global telecoms are working with Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) and OpenStack, including specific use cases from the largest brands in telecommunications. Mad props to Kathy Cacciatore for shepherding this project and 17 community members’ contributions. Print files suitable for binding will be available soon on the marketing portal <http://www.openstack.org/marketing>.

Want to contribute to future content? A great way to get started is to attend our marketing content team meetings <https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Content_Team_Meetings>. Stream <https://openstack.webex.com/openstack/ldr.php?RCID=8ea865c6dd6f9281abd421fcd6b21334> or download <https://openstack.webex.com/openstack/lsr.php?RCID=bb01e45e47b3dcdffdd7d985916dd447> the latest meeting from Jan. 19, or review the team’s etherpad <https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/Content_Team_1.19>. On tap: We’re creating an OpenStack 101 presentation deck and video, a security report, an enterprise booklet on getting started with OpenStack, a reference architecture project to complement sample configurations <https://www.openstack.org/software/sample-configs/>, and adding depth to our containers web page.

Also, if you missed the Jan. 14 marketing community meeting when we shared 2015 highlights and the 2016 marketing plan, you can stream <https://openstack.webex.com/openstack/ldr.php?RCID=84fd2de72b9e40f2e40be3480c0878b5> or download <https://openstack.webex.com/openstack/lsr.php?RCID=3afca85e2b185afb0abbb8b038e3f31c> the recording.

Finally—one last plea to help us help you. We created a quick events survey <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1KAzpRjVhoFUT88FJwwMkySF_7bUIaKX6Do9qYVMpkyc/viewform> to support your presence at industry events this year. Do you want speakers, swag, collateral or content from the foundation? Tell us now! Survey closes Friday, Jan. 22.

SUMMIT UPDATE
The OpenStack Summit in Austin <https://www.openstack.org/summit/austin-2016/> Call for Speakers <https://www.openstack.org/summit-login/login?BackURL=%2Fsummit%2Faustin-2016%2Fcall-for-speakers%2F> deadline is quickly approaching. The deadline to submit a speaking proposal is February 1.
NEW: Speakers are limited to a maximum of three submissions.
Other Summit details now available:
Attendee registration <https://www.openstack.org/summit/austin-2016/austin-and-travel/> - Price increase in early March
Call for sponsors <https://www.openstack.org/summit/austin-2016/sponsors/#how-to-sponsor> - March 8 deadline
Hotel discount room blocks <https://www.openstack.org/summit/austin-2016/austin-and-travel/#hotels>
Visa invitation request <https://www.openstack.org/summit/austin-2016/austin-and-travel/#visa> - April 19 deadline
Travel support program application <https://www.openstack.org/summit/austin-2016/austin-and-travel/#travel-support> - February 8 deadline

The OpenStack Marketing Bulletin is a resource for the OpenStack marketing community, distributed every 2-4 weeks to the marketing mailing list <http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/marketing>. You’ll find upcoming events <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/190SjAy6wVpRfnhKCZPbPnKQbEdly2eA1Q7wqEzmNFmY/edit#gid=8>, opportunities to participate, fresh content <http://www.openstack.org/marketing>, and important dates. Watch for future marketing meetings <https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Foundation/Marketing#Open_Marketing_Meetings_2014.2F2015> (use this link to see past agendas, slides, and recordings too). The bulletin is edited by Heidi Joy Tretheway <mailto:heidijoy at openstack.org> and your contributions are welcome.

Heidi Joy Tretheway
Senior Marketing Manager
OpenStack Foundation

503 816 9769