[OpenStack Marketing] Big news: Google sponsors Foundation

Lauren Sell lauren at openstack.org
Thu Jul 16 15:21:24 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

In case you didn’t see the news that just dropped, I wanted to share that Google is now officially a sponsor of the OpenStack Foundation. They have been collaborating with the community for some time, specifically in regards to their container management technology, Kubernetes, Docker and the OpenStack Magnum project. We’re getting great feedback from industry analysts and press, especially those who always ask us “what about Google, MSFT and Amazon?." A few examples here:

	• Fortune: All Aboard the OpenStack Train! <http://fortune.com/2015/07/16/google-joins-openstack/>
	• TechCrunch: Google Signs on as OpenStack Sponsor <http://techcrunch.com/2015/07/16/google-signs-on-as-openstack-sponsor-will-contribute-container-tech/?ncid=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter%0Ahttp://fortune.com/2015/07/16/google-joins-openstack/>
	• ZDNet: Just How big is OpenStack’s decision to throw its weight behind OpenStack? <http://zd.net/1V7iNWz>
This is a great milestone as we’re hitting 5 years of OpenStack. Please help us welcome Google to the community.

Cheers,
Lauren