[OpenStack Marketing] OpenStack User Survey Deadline: April 8

Allison Price allison at openstack.org
Tue Apr 7 17:44:33 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

As you know, we have been running a survey of OpenStack deployers and sharing the results at the twice-annual Summits since April 2013. While the survey is live on the website year round, we're doing another push for participation so we can provide the User Committee updated information before the May 2015 Summit.

The link and instructions to take the survey can be found at http://www.openstack.org/user-survey <http://www.openstack.org/user-survey>. If an organization already participated, they simply need to log back in to update their Deployment Profile. No need to start from scratch. Please note that if the survey is more than 12 months old, it is expired, and we encourage users to take this time to update their existing profiles so they can be included in the upcoming analysis. The information provided is confidential and will only be presented in aggregate, unless the user consents to making it public.

As marketers, you understand the value of data we can collect with this survey. If you make one contribution to the project this year, please take the time to use your company communications channels, help promote it through user groups and even reach out directly to your OpenStack customer base. The more users we have participating, the better the stats will be for all of us to leverage.

The deadline for users to complete the survey in order to have their responses counted in the next report is April 8 at 23:00 UTC, but if you need more time, please let me know as soon as possible. It only takes 15 minutes to complete. Please retweet <https://twitter.com/OpenStack/status/578258305166024705> the survey promotion and leverage the text below for your communications efforts.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers,
Allison

Example Text:
If you are an OpenStack user or have customers with OpenStack deployments, please take a few minutes to respond to our User Survey or pass it along to your network.

The first User Survey conducted April 2013 provided great insight to the types of deployments and technology decisions made by the OpenStack community. You can see the most recent results in this Superuser article from the November 2014 Summit: http://superuser.openstack.org/articles/openstack-user-survey-insights-november-2014 <http://superuser.openstack.org/articles/openstack-user-survey-insights-november-2014>

Below you’ll find a link and instructions to complete the User Survey by April 8, 2015 at 23:00 UTC. If you already completed the survey, there's no need to start over. You can simply log back in to update your Deployment Profile, as well as take the opportunity to provide additional input. Please note that if your survey is more than 12 months old, it is set to expire, so we encourage you to provide your updates to keep your survey active.

Take the Survey: https://www.openstack.org/user-survey <https://www.openstack.org/user-survey>

All of the information you provide is confidential to the Foundation and User Committee and will be aggregated anonymously unless you clearly indicate we can publish your organization’s logo and profile.

Remember you can hear directly from users and see the aggregate survey findings by attending the next OpenStack Summit, May 18 - 22, in Vancouver: https://www.openstack.org/summit <https://www.openstack.org/summit>

Thank you again for your support.

Allison Price
OpenStack Marketing
allison at openstack.org <mailto:allison at openstack.org>