[OpenStack Marketing] Announcing: OpenStack Silicon Valley, Community Conference 16 September 2014

David Fishman dfishman at mirantis.com
Tue Jun 24 02:40:10 UTC 2014

Mirantis is pleased to announce OpenStack Silicon Valley 2014, a 1-day
community conference we are organizing this fall at the Computer History
Museum in Mountain View.

We've taken our cue from key trends in the marketplace and ecosystem in
building the infrastructure required for "software to eat the world", or,
at a minimum, the "software defined economy."

   - The conference features keynotes and fireside chats in the morning, to
   debate and deliberate on key questions across the landscape ahead. Speakers
   include Jonathan Bryce, Executive Director of the OpenStack Foundation;
   Mark Shuttleworth, Founder of Canonical; Martin Mickos, CEO of Eucalyptus;
   Martin Casado, CTO of Networking, VMWare; Randy Bias, CEO of CloudScaling;
   our own Boris Renski; and many others.
   - In the afternoon, a range of  technology tracks deep-dive into some of
   those same questions, with a succession of track intensives on topics
   including: Networking and SDN; agile methodology, continuous integration
   and automated deployment; emerging OpenStack trends from tooling to
   containers; and more. We'll also offer  an afternoon-long bootcamp on
   OpenStack architecture, both in the abstract, and in production reference
   architectures.

Information and background below at the links below; questions welcome.

   - Registration information here
   <http://www.eventbrite.com/e/openstack-silicon-valley-2014-an-openstack-community-event-tickets-11986617295>
   - More background on the conference on my blog post here
   <http://www.mirantis.com/blog/openstack-silicon-valley-2014-towards-software-defined-agile-driven-devops-dominated-everything/>
   .
   - Conference details are here <http://www.openstacksv.com>.
   - Sponsorship information here <http://openstacksv.com/sponsors/>.