[OpenStack Marketing] New code name for networks

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Mon May 13 13:42:28 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 05/12/2013 03:14 PM, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Yes, this was discussed at the summit:
>
>   https://etherpad.openstack.org/ProjectsReNaming
>
> The conclusion was that a number of choices for a new name would be put
> forward and that Quantum's contributors would vote for one of those
> choices.

Is there any process for coming up with the shortlist? Public
brainstorming generally sucks for this kind of thing, but polls are also
not great.

In my experience, nothing works better than a smallish group of creative
people working together with brand lawyers to come up with themes, and
from those themes generating options, then working through the options
for feasibility (web & trademark search).

That said, Octopus is great.

Cheers,
Dave.

PS. Some networking themes that come to mind:

* Gatekeeper - keeping things segragated
* Connecting things
* Nodes & edges - graph topologies
* Friendship/affinity
* Traffic control - routing

--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13