[OpenStack Marketing] Metering is no more, welcome Telemetry

Jeff Jameson jeffj at redhat.com
Mon Dec 2 22:01:46 UTC 2013

Okay, I think I understand this now. From a marketing perspective, the primary project name is not changing.

Just to gripe for a moment, your exact wording in the original email was "...the project codenamed Ceilometer has
been renamed…" and now your response back is "...the codename didn't change. The python projects are still going to be called ceilometer…"

For a non-technical marketing person, wanting to stay connected to all happenings that are OpenStack, this is a pretty confusing set of statements. I would kindly ask to include some very specific clarifying details for things of this nature in the future, as to avoid any confusion.

Thanks again!

-Jeff