[OpenStack Foundation] October 25 Board Meeting and Draft Bylaws Amendments

Jonathan Bryce jonathan at openstack.org
Wed Oct 31 03:24:01 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

On October 25, the Foundation Board of Directors met by telephone. The purpose of the meeting was to continue the progress on the open infrastructure project support that has been ongoing over the last year[1]. For this meeting, we did an interactive review of a draft of amendments to the Bylaws of OpenStack Foundation.

These Bylaws amendments fall into 3 primary categories:

1) Make supporting additional open infrastructure projects an explicit part of the mission of the Foundation

2) Update the technical committee bylaws provisions to align more with the current operations of the Technical Committee

3) Clean up and remove outdated portions of the Bylaws that were necessary for the initial start up of the corporation in 2012

The unofficial notes etherpad[2] contains a good collection of comments made during the meeting about the initial draft. I am now sharing an updated draft that takes those comments into account as an attachment here. The Board has added an ad-hoc meeting to review this updated draft this Thursday[3] with the goal being to gather any remaining feedback required before the Board meeting in Berlin.

Following that, some of these amendments will require approval by the Platinum, Gold and Individual Member classes and will be up for general vote during the January Foundation election cycle. If you have any feedback on the Bylaws or any questions, please reach out to me.

Thanks!

Jonathan

1. http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/foundation/2018-August/002617.html
2. https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/UnofficialBoardNotes-Oct25-2018