[OpenStack Foundation] Theming Operator Midcycle

Melvin Hillsman mrhillsman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 17:51:51 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

We started some time ago discussing the possibility of theming the operator
midcycle to increase interest and participation by region. An example would
be for Mexico City we heard that HPC is important there locally and ideally
we would either create a HPC track, use the main room of the venue for HPC
talks, or some other way of highlighting the theme via content, promotions,
etc.

Currently we are proposing[0] a midcycle in APAC with Tokyo being the
current front-runner and knowing that the foundation is going on an "Asia
Tour" in July, we would like to ask that the foundation looks for or allows
us time after the tour, to understand the needs of the APAC region in hopes
of pulling out a workable theme for the midcycle.

[0] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ops-meetup-venue-discuss-1st-2018

--
Kind regards,

Melvin Hillsman
mrhillsman at gmail.com
mobile: (832) 264-2646

Learner | Ideation | Belief | Responsibility | Command