[OpenStack Foundation] Theming Operator Midcycle

Lauren Sell lauren at openstack.org
Mon Jun 26 14:47:35 UTC 2017

Hi Melvin,

Very cool, I like the idea of theming the ops meetups, and our course HPC is a very important use case for our community.

I’m happy to help brainstorm theme ideas for the 1H 2018 ops meetup in Tokyo after the OpenStack Days in Asia tour happening in July. I’m sure the user group and community leaders would also have some great ideas. Also worth noting, the OpenStack Day China organizers are hosting a “mini” ops meetup in Chinese at their event July 24-25th, and are planning to translate and deliver notes/outcomes to the community. I know you have good insight into the event, but it would be great to know how we could tie these efforts into the overall picture and if it’s something that could or should be replicated at other OpenStack Days around the world. This also extends to naming and recommended structure for the events.

The idea of theming the ops meetup also lines up well with our approach to establish a small working event that we announced at the Boston Summit focused on collaboration with other open source communities. It’s called OpenDev[1] (not heavily OpenStack branded in an effort to collaborate across the industry) and this year will be focused entirely on defining the edge computing stack. I’d like to discuss how to document feedback and reference architectures coming out of the event, and will add it to a User Committee agenda in the next few weeks.

Happy to help however I can.

Best,
Lauren

[1] http://www.opendevconf.com