[OpenStack Foundation] [Foundation Board] Resigning as Individual Director

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Fri Oct 3 06:33:38 UTC 2014

On 10/02/2014 11:23 PM, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hi there
>
> With Brian Stevens recent departure with Red Hat, our Platinum Director
> board seat is now vacant. We have decided that I should represent Red
> Hat on the board.
>
> This implies that I must resign as Individual Director. Personally, this
> is a difficult decision for me, because I've always greatly valued being
> an independent voice representing the individual members. I'm also
> conscious that resigning now is going to cause some churn quite late in
> the year.
>
> The reasoning goes like this - we think I can best represent Red Hat on
> the board, we don't think it's ideal to leave a Platinum Director seat
> vacant for any length of time, and we'd prefer to avoid the churn of
> appointing a temporary Red Hat representative while I serve the
> remainder of my term as Individual Director.

I, for one, think the idea of having you in the Platinum seat as someone
who has the community support to be elected directly is pretty exciting
actually. I also have no doubt that your voice will remain your voice.

> Jonathan has been working to figure out the process which should follow
> an Individual Director resignation. I'll let him share details on that.
>
> My sincere apologies if this disappoints anyone. I have been honored to
> serve as Individual Director, and I'm very grateful to everyone who
> voted for me.

I'll miss having you in the Individual ranks - but am glad you'll still
be with us.

Monty