[OpenStack Foundation] Resigning as Individual Director

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Fri Oct 3 06:23:58 UTC 2014

Hi there

With Brian Stevens recent departure with Red Hat, our Platinum Director
board seat is now vacant. We have decided that I should represent Red
Hat on the board.

This implies that I must resign as Individual Director. Personally, this
is a difficult decision for me, because I've always greatly valued being
an independent voice representing the individual members. I'm also
conscious that resigning now is going to cause some churn quite late in
the year.

The reasoning goes like this - we think I can best represent Red Hat on
the board, we don't think it's ideal to leave a Platinum Director seat
vacant for any length of time, and we'd prefer to avoid the churn of
appointing a temporary Red Hat representative while I serve the
remainder of my term as Individual Director.

Jonathan has been working to figure out the process which should follow
an Individual Director resignation. I'll let him share details on that.

My sincere apologies if this disappoints anyone. I have been honored to
serve as Individual Director, and I'm very grateful to everyone who
voted for me.

Thanks!

Mark.