[OpenStack Foundation] Today's WSJ article

Brandon Mumby me at bjm.cc
Fri May 16 17:52:12 UTC 2014

So, I kind of think WSJ missed something big here.  From my understanding,
having gone through this just a few months ago is this:

- Red Hat will not support non-Red Hat OpenStack on Red Hat Enterprise.
- Don't expect help from Red Hat on OpenStack or it's components if you
rolled your own deploy on RHEL.
- Red Hat will support under their VM licensing, the VM's that run within
any cloud, regardless of the underlying infrastructure.
- Distro's like Mirantis come in the form of an iso installer anyways, Fuel
being based on CentOS and you have a choice of distro on the control
services/hypervisors.

Brandon