[OpenStack Foundation] Opening up the board mailing list

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Mon Feb 4 21:39:18 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 02/04/2013 02:01 PM, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> You mean Dave's idea? It's certainly fairly close to the requirements I
> laid out, but I don't think Dave is certain mailman can even do that
> much.

I pointed out the various Mailman configuration which needed to be done
to enable that solution. It's certainly possible.

The usual discussions that come up is whether opening up previously
closed archives might constitute a breach of confidentiality for past
discussions. There is no way to open up the archives only from a given
date onwards.

That seems like a topic for the board - if there is board agreement for
opening up past discussions, then it's a rather simple matter to enable
read-only subscriptions and open archives.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13