[OpenStack Foundation] [Foundation Board] OpenStack syllabi -was- Re: Use of the word "certified" and protecting brand OpenStack

Deepak Garg deepakgarg.iitg at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 10:35:27 UTC 2012

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 8:52 PM, Boris Renski Jr. <b at renski.com> wrote:

> I second Lloyd’s comment. We’ve been running a very popular OpenStack
> Bootcamp program and have delivered 20+ private and public OpenStack
> classes during the last 6 months. We’ve been asked on many occasions about
> OpenStack certification, but have purposely deferred this, stating that it
> is a prerogative of the foundation to accredit a certification program. **
> **
>
> ** **
>
> I’d like to propose that we form an OpenStack training / certification
> committee comprised of folks passionate about getting the formal training
> and certification program underway. ****
>
> **

[Deepak]  +1
If the Foundation states the standards of the Certification and define the
different levels of the certification, it will be nice.
This will also act as quality control as I see some people with no
OpenStack experience to offer training programs with course contents of
essentially zero value addition but since there is demand in the market, so
it works out well for them.

--

Deepak Garg,

Github: https://github.com/gargdeepak