[OpenStack Foundation] question on patent

Joonwon Lee joonwon7.lee at samsung.com
Mon Oct 15 11:36:32 UTC 2012

Hi, all.

We're recently discussing patent issues in order not to violate other's
patents, before contributing our project Synaps to the community.
I'm wondering whether we could get any support from OpenStack Foundation
as we have little experience to open our assets.

It would be helpful for you experienced open source contributors to give
us some advices how to prevent infringement of patents, in my opinion.
Without relevant strategy, it takes too much time and cost investigaing
patents of other companies.

Can we expect we won't have any patent debates of projects contributed
to the OpenStack with Foundation members such as IBM, HP, Cisco, so on?

Thanks in advance,
Joonwon

--
Joonwon Lee, Principal Software Engineer, Samsung SDS