[OpenStack Foundation] [Openstack] Foundation Structure: An Alternative

yoyochiang at itri.org.tw yoyochiang at itri.org.tw
Tue Mar 13 01:38:20 UTC 2012

Just a thought… since you mentioned “parliamentary structure”, how about a “congress-like” structure which owns by two houses – one (Senate-like) represents the interests of commercial companies (tiered corporate seats) and the other one (House of Representatives-like) represents the interests of development community (user seats, dev seats). Any policy could be proposed within each house but has to get approval by the other house. Each house could have the same seats (around 9~12) or maybe we can offer more corporate seats to get more funds but it still can be constrained and balanced by the other house no matter how many seats it is.

Too complicated or not??

Sincerely,

Yoyo Chiang

Strategy & Business Division