[OpenStack Foundation] Nomination Process Updates

Dave Neary dave at neary-consulting.com
Fri Aug 3 07:41:26 UTC 2012

Hi,

Excuse quoting please, on phone.

The interesting thing about this thread to me has been the focus on the community seats, but no mention at all of who will fill the corporate seats.

For individual board members, there is a limit of 2 per company, which mitigates the wordless excesses people have suggested. For the corporate seats, is there an assumption that the nominees will have OpenStack's interests at heart? What recourse will the board have if that's not the case - say, if a senior person gets "given" the board spot as a reward, but never turns up to board meetings?

I know it's tempting to concentrate on the 33% of the board where individuals have direct influence, but some checks and balances for the 66% who will have the most influence might be a better investment of time and effort.

Cheers,
Dave.