[Foundation Board] OpenStack Ussuri Coverage Update

Allison Price allison at openstack.org
Mon Jun 8 15:27:55 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

Ahead of this week’s board of directors meeting, I wanted to share some of the positive news we received out of the OpenStack Ussuri release last month. The OpenStack Foundation held two press conferences (one for US / EMEA media and one for APAC media) as well as a few separate 1:1 briefings. We were able to reach over 50 members of the global media resulting in over 40 articles covering the release and other OSF updates. Below I have included a link to the full (and growing!) list of coverage that we have been tracking as well as some of the coverage highlights. There are still a few articles that are being finalized, and they will be added to the document once complete.

OpenStack Ussuri Coverage Highlights

SDxCentral: OpenStack Ussuri Update Tackles Reliability, Security <https://www.sdxcentral.com/articles/news/openstack-ussuri-update-tackles-reliability-security/2020/05/>
Computing: OpenStack Ussuri release shores up security and reliability, extends support for GPUs and FPGAs <https://www.computing.co.uk/news/4015063/openstack-ussuri-release-shores-security-reliability-extends-support-gpus-fpgas>
Belgium Cloud: OpenStack Ussuri: Intelligent Open Infrastructure via Cloud <https://belgiumcloud.com/2020/05/19/openstack-lanceert-ussuri-en-maakt-automatisering-van-intelligent-open-infrastructure-via-de-cloud-mogelijk/>
Le Monde Informatique: Avec Ussuri, OpenStack se renforce sur l'automatisation et l'edge <https://www.lemondeinformatique.fr/actualites/lire-avec-ussuri-openstack-se-renforce-sur-l-automatisation-et-l-edge-79083.html>
CIO times, OpenStack Ussuri Release Lands Today, Delivering Automation for Intelligent Open Infrastructure <http://www.ciotimes.com/IT/189568.html> (OpenStack Ussuri版本今日发布!实现智能开源基础设施的自动化)
Zhiding, Focusing on intelligent open infrastructure, look over the new trend of cloud computing development from OpenStack Ussuri release <http://server.zhiding.cn/server/2020/0518/3126386.shtml>(LI, XIANGJING,瞄准智能开源基础设施 从OpenStack Ussuri版本看云计算发展新风向)
ITHome, The 21st edition of OpenStack Ussuri is officially released, automated scheduling function extended to bare metal, and mainly focus on three major improvements <https://www.ithome.com.tw/news/137597>(黄郁芸,OpenStack第21版Ussuri正式發布,自動化調度功能擴及裸機,並聚焦3大面向改版)

Full, growing list of coverage: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ri7b7ImkVq4UQ6njoSGKW610nd7pT5ybe1IVx0JGwC8/edit?usp=sharing <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ri7b7ImkVq4UQ6njoSGKW610nd7pT5ybe1IVx0JGwC8/edit?usp=sharing>

Cheers,
Allison

Allison Price
OpenStack Foundation