[Foundation Board] Suggest a candidate theme to the TC?

Alan Clark alanclark at openstack.org
Tue May 21 17:07:10 UTC 2019

OpenStack Board Directors,

At the Denver Leadership meeting[1], the TC included an update on the
OpenStack-wide Goals or 'themes'. These themes are one or two goals that all
the projects aim to complete during the release. Such goals aim to achieve
visible common changes. I was happy to see the progress and

At the meeting, the TC stated that it would be acceptable for the OpenStack
Board to submit a suggested goal. This doesn't mean that the TC would
automatically include it, but that it would then go through the TC process
outlined on the TC goals page[2] for process and approval.

Would it be productive for the OpenStack Board to discuss, agree upon and
submit a candidate goal for some future release?  I can think of two or
three ideas that would perhaps be pertinent ideas to come from the board.

I'm pinging you for your feedback and insight.  Is there a 'theme goal' that
the board should consider submitting? Do you think this would be a valuable
board email discussion over the next couple months?

 Regards,

AlanClark

[1]
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Foundation/28April2019BoardMeetin