[Foundation Board] DreamHost Board Member Change

FORD, TOBY TF4242 at att.com
Wed Nov 18 16:15:27 UTC 2015

Welcome Jonathan!

And.. My appreciation for Simon and his contributions is so large that.. I refuse to say goodbye.

We will all make sure you feel like this before long..  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

From: Simon Anderson <simon at dreamhost.com<mailto:simon at dreamhost.com>>
Date: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 at 6:43 PM
To: "foundation-board at lists.openstack.org<mailto:foundation-board at lists.openstack.org>" <foundation-board at lists.openstack.org<mailto:foundation-board at lists.openstack.org>>, "goldmembers at lists.openstack.org<mailto:goldmembers at lists.openstack.org>" <goldmembers at lists.openstack.org<mailto:goldmembers at lists.openstack.org>>
Cc: Jonathan LaCour <jonathan.lacour at dreamhost.com<mailto:jonathan.lacour at dreamhost.com>>, Simon Anderson <simonkanderson at gmail.com<mailto:simonkanderson at gmail.com>>
Subject: [Foundation Board] DreamHost Board Member Change

OpenStack Board colleagues and Gold members,

After 4.5 years with DreamHost as CEO, the DreamHost Board and I are agreeing that I will step down as CEO effective November 25, 2015.

It's been a fantastic 4+ years in the role, and I have so appreciated being a part of forming the OpenStack Foundation, representing Gold members on the Board, and collaborating with the community and each of you to build OpenStack into what it is today.

I will still be very involved in OpenStack as a community member and through Akanda, the major contributor to the OpenStack Astara network virtualization and services orchestration project. As many of you know I co-founded Akanda in 2014 and Chair the Board, as well as being an investor.

The DreamHost Board has nominated Jonathan LaCour, VP Cloud at DreamHost, as my replacement Gold member Director. Jonathan is copied on this email and will engage directly with Gold members and the Board from this point on and I am sure you will find him a great successor to yours truly.

Thanks again for all the great times, debates, big ideas and teamwork. There will be many more together!

My personal email is simonkanderson at gmail.com<mailto:simonkanderson at gmail.com> and my cell is 310-600-1452. Feel free to reach out anytime, and see you at a future OpenStack event.

Best,
Simon Anderson
CEO, DreamHost