[Foundation Board] Notes for March 3 Board discussion

Mark Collier mark at openstack.org
Mon Mar 23 19:23:49 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

In the March 3 board meeting we took some time to break off into groups to discuss emerging market opportunities: NFV/IoT, Containers, and Public & Hybrid Clouds.  Additionally, given the importance of the new product management working group, there was a group focused on that. After the teams met they came back and shared their thoughts on the opportunities for OpenStack, which I attempted to summarize in the attached slides.

The primary goal of the exercise was to raise awareness of the rapidly changing market landscape, while identfying potential areas to focus on going forward.

One of the biggest takeaways was that there are many other communities and organizations working on adjacent technologies that we can better collaborate with, both at our summits and by working more directly in other forums.

I look forward to working with everyone to ensure OpenStack is an integral part of these exciting emerging markets!

Mark