[openstack-community] Future of this mailing list

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Jun 9 21:34:36 UTC 2021

On 2021-06-09 16:01:44 -0500 (-0500), Ashlee Ferguson wrote:
> Well, the reason there hasn’t been much interaction here is
> because there haven’t been in-person events for over 9 months. I
> realize it’s still limited during event cycles, but I think having
> a ML specific to the community and User Group organizers is
> important because of the heavy traffic on the discuss ML.
[...]

But is it actually reaching anyone? In the several months since I
proposed folding this into openstack-discuss there was only one real
response, and it was from you. Do we have reason to believe that the
community and user group organizers are reading the messages here?

And I agree, the mailing list name is a bit of honeypot for confused
users looking for where to post questions about software. Maybe if
we moved it to a less vague name and off of the openstack.org domain
(the OpenInfra Summits haven't been OpenStack-only for a number of
years now), that might help. I'm already planning to follow up with
the OpenInfra Foundation staff on creating a lists.openinfra.dev
listserv site and rerouting the existing foundation-oriented lists
there, so if this one is also not OpenStack-specific then it
probably fits into that same category.
--
Jeremy Stanley