[openstack-community] Future of this mailing list

Ashlee Ferguson ashlee at openstack.org
Wed Jun 9 21:01:44 UTC 2021

Well, the reason there hasn’t been much interaction here is because there haven’t been in-person events for over 9 months. I realize it’s still limited during event cycles, but I think having a ML specific to the community and User Group organizers is important because of the heavy traffic on the discuss ML.

I think it’s fine to direct technical questions to the discuss ML and encourage people to register there, but I support keeping this ML because it allows us to discuss and communicate non-technical topics to user groups and organizers.

There’s not a general Summit ML I’m aware of—that email is an alias. Renaming this ML to User-Groups would probably help clarify. As we roll into this next year, I think we’ll get a lot more use out of this list with the return of local meetups as well.

Ashlee