[openstack-community] OSF's Birthday - A Global Celebration

Ashleigh Gregory agregory at openstack.org
Mon Jul 8 18:50:49 UTC 2019

Hi all,

My name is Ashleigh, and I recently started working on the Marketing team at the OpenStack Foundation, alongside Ashlee Ferguson, who you know. I’m reaching out to kickoff the yearly birthday celebration, which we have made some updates to.

For the past 9 years, we’ve had fun celebrating the OpenStack project’s birthday. User Groups all over the world have hosted celebrations around July - August, presenting slide decks, eating cupcakes, and spending time with local community members to commemorate this milestone.

Now that the OSF family has grown with the addition of Zuul, Kata, StarlingX, and Airship, we're timing the annual celebration around the establishment of the OSF, which was in July 2012. This annual mid-year tradition is still very much about the OpenStack project, but as the Foundation continues to evolve, we’d like to invite the entire OSF family to celebrate! Global User Groups are encouraged to continue the tradition by hosting meetups around the world, and the OSF will continue to support the events by providing unique graphics, slide content, and funding.

So far, we've had a great response and we encourage you all to join in on the celebration. If you are interested in participating, please fill out [ this form  ]( https://openstackfoundation.formstack.com/forms/osfbirthday2019 )by July 10, and we will follow up with you on additional information. We will provide you with official yearly celebration graphics and a slideshow deck that you can share with the group to present an update from the Foundation once you have confirmed your participation.

We will continue to offer the option to opt out of funding from the Foundation (USD $500) since some groups can secure sponsorship from ecosystem companies in their community, as well as the option to request more funding dependent on the expected size of your attendee group and the number of meetups previously hosted.

If you'd like to partake in the celebration, we ask you to:
Host the celebration anytime between July 1-30, 2019
Take pictures at the event and post them on the OpenStack Flickr group[  https://www.flickr.com/groups/1574695@N22/ ]( https://www.flickr.com/groups/1574695@N22/ ) denoting the name of your user group in the caption or comments
We encourage you to create a discussion among your users about the content that is in your slides

If you are interested in participating, please fill out [ this form ]( https://openstackfoundation.formstack.com/forms/osfbirthday2019 ) by July 10, and we will follow up with additional information soon.

It's great to meet you & I hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers,
Ashleigh Gregory

OpenStack Marketing
agregory at openstack.org