[openstack-community] Cloudkitty as billing system

Christophe Sauthier christophe.sauthier at objectif-libre.com
Thu Apr 19 17:15:32 UTC 2018

Hello Samane

Cloudkitty is not a billing system, in the sense that it won't create
the various pdf you send as bills for your users.
It is a rating solution that will enable you to put a price for various
metrics and combine these informations with the usage of your cloud. And
you'll get a rate report for each of your users.
Regarding your question you  can to rate the usage of cpu.util or the
memory.usage. In fact it is really simple to decide the metrics you want
to use (since the Queens release),  as you simply have to change in a
configuration file; as long as these are available in Gnocchi or
Monasca.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. Or come
to talk on #cloudkitty !

Cheers,

      Christophe

----
Christophe Sauthier
CEO

Objectif Libre : Au service de votre Cloud

+33 (0) 6 16 98 63 96 | christophe.sauthier at objectif-libre.com

www.objectif-libre.com | @objectiflibre |
www.linkedin.com/company/objectif-libre
Recevez la Pause Cloud Et DevOps : olib.re/abo-pause