[openstack-community] Proposal: remove voting on speaking proposals for Barcelona Summit

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Fri May 20 08:36:46 UTC 2016

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 2:51 AM, Adam Lawson <alawson at aqorn.com> wrote:
> I think the dynamic links and removing static links (of voting is preserved)
> is awesome. I apparently missed that.
>
> Huge+1 from me on that idea.

I think this is a good idea as well, with one minor detail though: as
a community reviewer, I'd like to be able to give a talk just a
cursory review, not immediately make a decision on how to grade or
what to comment, and come back to it later. With static links that's
easy: I can simply compile my own bookmark list. With dynamic/random
links, the system would have to provide an alternative.

So, rather than inventing a separate bookmark system, maybe make links
static per-user? Meaning every logged-in user gets a different link
for the same talk, but for that user the link doesn't change? That
still keeps me from sharing the link to my own talk (or more
precisely, make it useless — another user would simply get a 404 if
they tried to open it), but allows me to compile my own bookmarks.

Just an idea.

Cheers,
Florian