[openstack-community] Proposal: remove voting on speaking proposals for Barcelona Summit

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu May 19 16:23:27 UTC 2016

On 2016-05-19 09:38:24 -0400 (-0400), Doug Hellmann wrote:
[...]
> I would rather we have a more public way of selecting track chairs
[...]

There's a separate demon hidden in that idea though. We don't (or
didn't in the past AFAIK) publish the names of track chairs prior to
conclusion of the talk selection process. The last thing I would
want, as a track chair, is to suddenly be faced with hundreds or
more E-mails from random speakers and their fans and coworkers
asking me to please, please, pretty-please pick their proposal.
--
Jeremy Stanley