[openstack-community] Schedule Published - OpenStack Summit Austin

Jimmy McArthur jimmy at openstack.org
Fri Apr 22 18:52:15 UTC 2016

Steve,

I definitely get that it's tough to switch services. Especially when the
feature set is unequal. One never wants to drop features, but this is a
very time sensitive release, as you can imagine. On the plus side, we're
hopeful our app will work at this Summit, where Sched's failed. We've
put a lot of time and attention into caching, which should provide a
better user experience.

We did try to give some fair notice about this. You'll note the original
email was sent on April 4, which was right about the time we realized we
wouldn't be able to get fit calendar integration in. Rest assured it's a
priority for Barcelona. Meanwhile, I've actually printed out a copy of
my schedule and will reference it during the 5 days of the Summit.
Hopefully I won't suffer too much ;)

Finally, please note that the whole openstack.org site is open source
and available on github
<https://github.com/OpenStackweb/openstack-org/tree/production/summit>.
We welcome contributors, so don't hesitate to jump in.

Cheers and feel free to stop by the App Help desk and chat with me near
Summit Registration if you have further questions/feedback.

Thanks!
Jimmy McArthur