[openstack-community] Speakers Bureau

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Mon Nov 16 15:40:53 UTC 2015

On 11/15/2015 10:18 PM, Tom Fifield wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> There were a few discussions at the summit about making a Speaker's Bureau:
>
> User Group & OpenStack Day Events Branding (34:00)
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XKjq-_d5uPw#t=2040
>

> Ambassador Community Report discussion (31:58)
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gUUAhLjMAoQ#t=1918
>

> As noted by Gary from LA, one of the biggest challenges in being a
> meetup organiser is finding speakers. Our challenge is to create a
> software tool and some community process to make a 'bureau' or directory
> of speakers that user groups can count on.
>
> ==> A first step noted in the meeting was to define requirements. So, as
> user group leaders, what do you need from a speakers directory? As
> speakers, how do you want your information to be used?

In addition to contact information and (general location) area(s) of
expertise are important for when I'm looking for a speaker about, say,
Neutron or some other specific topic.

It would also be good to know whether a speaker might bring some kind of
sponsorship along with them (travel, food/drink) or whether they'll need
to have the meetup group foot their travel bill.

> ==> Are you interested in joining the effort to make the speakers bureau
> reality?

I'd be glad to help if I can.

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
OpenStack Community Liaison