[openstack-community] [upstream] call for actions to attendants, teachers and and mentors

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Wed May 6 16:45:18 UTC 2015

On 05/06/2015 12:50 AM, Sylvain Bauza wrote:
> I know it's now pretty short and I totally apologize for that, but I
> wonder if we could ask one of our sponsors to help us and gentlefully
> propose to us 50 VMs with devstack installed ?

Good call. I'll ask around, I'm sure we can do something here. Dreamhost
has free 30 days trial for their cloud but in any case I'll ask around
for vouchers.

What sort of 'flavor' would be needed? 4 processors and 8GB minimum?

> Agreed. I tried to review all the cards to see if I was able to look at
> a pattern that I would understand (like "I want to work on Nova, or
> Compute, or SLA" but that's just not possible since we have more than
> 70+ cards to review.

There is an identical set in google spreadsheet form that's more
manageable for that sort of searches:

https://docs.google.com/a/openstack.org/spreadsheets/d/1HSmqjeG17UOfmVxoEPt9q1UEtLm8Y8QGXAzqQGePblM/edit?usp=sharing

It's available only to people who request access (you should have access
to it already).

> Nova has a little more new low-hanging-fruits and I'll keep looking at
> bugs with no owner which seem easy to me. All of that is human action,
> so I please ask any volunteer to help me on that for their specific
> project.

I was also reminded that people may not have the skills yet to pick a
bug for themselves so assigning one to them would also work. I added a
line to the email:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/upstream-letter

> Legos ? Have you sorted out the delivery ?

I contracted a company that rents Lego sets in Canada. They'll going to
send us the sets already built and spare parts on Friday afternoon to
the convention center. Hopefully it'll all work out.

Cheers,
stef