[openstack-community] [upstream] call for actions to attendants, teachers and and mentors

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Wed May 6 00:23:41 UTC 2015

Hello trainers,

I'd like to pick your brain to finalize the call to action for the
trainees in Vancouver.

In past editions Loic had them start working before the session started
and select bugs for them to work on. I think some of them found it
difficult and didn't do it. It's a valuable exercise though and We can
ask them to do it but I don't expect many of them to do it.

On the other hand I'd like them to focus on setting up the basic for the
dev environment.

I'm drafting the message to send them on
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/upstream-letter
using Loic's message as a base. Please review it and let me know by
tomorrow what edits it needs.

We have a trello board with all the participants names and details on
https://trello.com/b/iuJab0VH/openstack-upstream-training-queue. I think
the best way to use it is to wait until we meet in person in Vancouver:

- we'll hide the no-show from that list
- have each participant pick the bug and add it to their trello card
- each participant picks a mentor (more than one participant per mentor)
and sets date for online meeting

and we all keep moving the cards to the appropriate lists. Hopefully
this will give us more control and visibility of the results of the
training.

ACTION: spread the word that we need more bugs tagged Low Hanging Fruit.
There aren't many.

ACTION: review the slides! Many need some love.
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/community/2015-April/001126.html
I have started
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/training-guides,n,z
but need help.