[openstack-community] "official" user group process

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Thu Jul 17 23:22:55 UTC 2014

Thanks Jaesuk.

For those on the mailing list wondering what this 'training
requirements' thing people are talking about is - it was a suggestion by
Sean Roberts on the etherpad, not part of the original proposal.

Personally, I agree and believe requiring user groups to offer training
is too onerous. I've added comments to this effect on the etherpad, in-line.

However, I think Sean raises some good ideas that we can consider,
though these are probably best separated from the official user group
process discussion:
*    swag - we should investigate providing a welcome kit for new user
groups (stickers, posters, tshirts, ... ?)
*    speaker registry - we need a speaker registry. stay tuned for news
here - and check out the new items on the summit speaking submission form
*    training - user groups could provide training and we should assist
with this if needed
*  have intermediate levels before 'official'

Regards,

Tom