[openstack-community] Mailing lists in non-English languages

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Tue May 21 23:43:27 UTC 2013

Hi Cesar

On 05/20/2013 07:48 PM, Cesar Schmitzhaus wrote:
> I'm from Brazil and it would be great to have a list in our native
> language (Brazilian Portuguese).

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/OpenStackUserGroups#Brazil has a fairly
active google group managed by Alexandre. I think we should avoid
creating a new contact point for the Brazilian Portuguese community. I'm
copying Alexandre to this message to get his opinion too.

> We could also suggest a web site
> such as br.openstack.org in Portuguese to help garnering attention to
> the Openstack project in our country.

We're working on a solution for this problem, a site to help all user
groups around the world organize information in their language. Stay
tuned for announcements in the next weeks.

> We have lot of people that do
> not speak English here. Additionally, I can help offering a server to
> run the mailman list and a webserver in my company, if necessary.

We can sure make use of a person that is at least familiar with mailman
as there is an increasing amount of small things that need to be done.
If you have such person available for a few hours, please contact me in
private.

Cheers,
stef