[openstack-community] OpenStack in Africa (specifically Nairobi)

Rafael Knuth rafael.knuth at gmail.com
Thu May 16 10:15:54 UTC 2013

We're building a public OpenStack implementation in Nairobi and over time,
the rest of the continent.  Is anybody on the list interested in talking
about OpenStack in the African context or in starting a virtual meetup
about it?  I'd like to get more feedback about it and meet more people who
are interested in the logistics of launching a cloud platform here.  I'm
also excited to get people not on the continent in the group if they have
an interest.

We will have an OpenSack User Group Meetup in Poland early in June, and we
will have accompanying Google Hangout & IRC Chat sessions with OpenStackers
from the US, Switzerland and India during our meetup. With only 1 hr time
difference between Poland and Kenya, we would love to invite your local
community to join our Hangouts & Chats (we will host our meetup at 6.00 pm
- 10 pm EAT and we will provide details on our meetup shortly).

Based on feedback, I'll try to set up some sort of Hangout or something
along those lines.  Just shoot me a line.

Sure. We will have meetups once a month starting in June (with Google
Hangouts & IRC Chats), and we will happily join forces with OpenStackers in
your region. We are targeting the entire Central & Eastern Europe region
with our community activities and we will be excited to engage with you, as
we believe there is potentially a huge value in a dialogue across multiple
emerging geographies.