[openstack-community] OpenStack User Group Ecuador

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Mon May 13 19:09:37 UTC 2013

On 04/14/2013 06:17 PM, Co, Dean Marc wrote:
> I am also not clear on how one gets visibility also. This will directly
> support credibility in our efforts if we have some form of registry as
> an OSUG in the community site perhaps.

For that we have the wiki page
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/OpenStackUserGroups and the map on
http://openstack.org/community

Once you have aggregated a group of people interested in
learning/sharing knowledge about OpenStack in your local area, you can
create a group in the most confortable place for you: some use
meetup.com, others have google groups or linkedin or facebook...
anything that you think will make your group more visible in your area.
Add those details to the wiki page and I'll add them to the map on
community/

As Marton said, in the near future we hope to provide more tools to
build your local user group.

/stef