[openstack-community] OpenStack User Group Ecuador

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Mon May 13 19:03:06 UTC 2013

Hi Daniel,

On 04/14/2013 04:11 PM, Daniel Núñez wrote:
> I have several months researching and using OpenStack and I really want
> to continue because is a technology with great potential. Here in
> Ecuador is a little known, for this reason I want to create the
> OpenStack User Group Ecuador.

Perfect, very good idea :)

> How the OpenStack Foundation recognizes and registers these
> groups?

It's as simple as adding the information about the group to the wiki page:

  https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/OpenStackUserGroups

At the moment that's all you have to do to get started. Then it's a good
idea to send a message to the General mailing list to announce the
existence of the new group with all the relevant addresses like URL of
the group, mailing list details, etc and the date for the first meeting
(if you have already scheduled one).

> Creating a new OSUG is subject to review and / or approval of
> OpenStack Foundation?

There is no formal review process: we're happy to have you on board any
time in any way.

> How to get a mentor for my OSUG? (the reference
> mentor sends a page without information).

We haven't created that page yet but I think we can use this list to
discuss how to get started. Ask here any questions you may have.

/stef